Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Introducing Daxton Clark Lish

Here goes for the sequencing of events leading up to the birth of our beautiful son, Daxton Clark Lish. Monday 09:30 PM I leave Kalisa at the hospital to stay overnight at our place with the kids as she awaits a bed on L&D. Midnight, Kalisa is finally settled in her room and given the Cervidil. 03:00 AM Kalisa is dialated to a 3. 05:00 AM - Kalisa cannot take the pain any longer and opts to have an epidural. 06:45 AM - Kalisa is now dialated to a 7 so she calls me at home to inform me that I best get to the hospital ASAP or else I might miss the birth. 06:46 - Ed wipes the fog out of his eyes and calls the Dayton's to come over and watch the kids. 07:05 - John Dayton pulls into the driveway and Ed tears off to Suburban Hospital. 07:15 - Ed runs a few stop lights and defies the law as to not miss the birth of his son. 07:16 - Ed arrives safely to the hospital and runs from the parking lot to L&D and is relieved to find Kalisa hasn't delivered. 07:30 - Dr. Gallego shows up and turns the Baby so he is anterior. 07:45- The Dr. breaks her water. 07:56- Kalisa starts pushing (one push I might add). 07:57 - Baby Daxton arrives to us safely! What a day, huh!

What a little chunk, 7 lbs. 11 oz, 20 1/2 inches long!

Finally, one of our kids has some hair and it's dark!

Yes, Kalisa still looks amazing even after being up all night and giving birth to our third child.

Around noon John & Angela Dayton brought the kids to the hospital to see their new brother. Dyson was on cloud nine!

Daxton's exhausted after taking a bath and being poked & prodded.

Yep, it's a boy!

All of us admiring Daxton's hair.

Kalisa relieved to have this little guy out of her belly after 10 months.

Daxton's first picture!

17 comments:

Malizia's said...

Oh.. He is adorable! I love the name! I am so glad he is here and safe! Kalisa you look great.. I never would have guessed you were up all night, and had a baby. You look like you are ready for a trip to the mall! (minus the hospital gown.) Take care and get some rest!

The Shirley Family said...

Congratulations you guys. He is sure beautiful, and WOW Kalisa, you really do look great. We are glad to hear everything went well. By the way Ed, you did a great job on the post!!

Dick&Erica said...

Congratulations guys! Daxton is beautiful! And yes, Kalisa, you look amazing for just having a baby. I'm glad it went nice and quickly for you.

Erica

Callisters said...

Congratulations! How exciting oh three kids are wonderful (most days)!!!! Your little family of 5 is darling and yes Kalisa I will have to agree with everyone you look great! Enjoy the hospital stay and get lots of rest!!

The Birds said...

Congrats!!! We are super excited for you guys!!! You have the cutest little family! Ed, we appreciate all your expert advise on the Nurse Anesth. stuff and Kalisa you've always been so blessed to look so great NO MATTER what you've just been doing! I'll threaten Preston with his life to not put pictures of me up until WAY after the baby weight comes off, but you don't even look like you've just had one! Congrats again and take care. Keep in touch.
Chandi

The Whites said...

Congratulations on new little Daxton! What a handsome guy! I can't believe all the cute dark hair. I can't wait to meet him. He is almost exactly the same size as Teige when he was born. Kalisa, you look great, as well as the rest of the family. It looks like you had an exciting day!
We love you!

Rachel and Tyler said...

Congratulations! Sounds like it went really fast! He is so cute! We can't wait to meet him. Let us know if you need help with anything.

Amber said...

What a cute medium sized family!!! Daxton is a heart breaker for sure. Kalisa, you are super woman, you manage to bring forth your 3rd baby, are sleepless and still look AMAZING!!! superwoman, supermomma, supermodel

Rieck Family said...

Congrats!! He is adorable! And you look like a super model!! We are so happy for you guys! I can't believe the hair So glad he is finally here!! Have fun. Hope to talk to you soon.!(your mom is bringing you a litle something from the Waldron women)

n8, Shannon, Allie, Janessa & Tommy said...

He is perfect! I think he looks just like Dyson and Savannah! What a cutie! Congratulations!
And Kalisa you look amazing for just giving birth!

Thurston Fam said...

Yeah!! Congrats on your new lil angel! You have such a beautiful family! I'm so happy for you!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

Congrats!!! I hope you didn't mind me looking. I was browsing before we made out blog private. We had problems with people in Tremonton putting rude remarks. Kalisa you look awesome, I never would have guessed you had a baby. If you ever want to check us out you can email us for an invite, or inawhile we are going to test the waters again.
Lisa(Perkins) Summers
summers_lm@yahoo.co.nz

Melanie said...

congrats!!! He is adorable! Can't wait to see him in person!

Nances said...

Congratulations!!! Sounds like an eventful birth--I'm so glad you got there in time Ed. One push hun--good job Kalisa! You look awesome!! Daxton looks absolutley adorable I love his dark hair. I have to see you when you come back in March.

Boss said...

Congratulations! Both mom and baby are beautiful (as expected!). I'm glad to hear it went smoothly and quickly. Strong work, folks!

Harmony said...

Congrats Ed and Kalisa! You make it sound and look so easy. I love the name. You are all so pretty! What a cute family.

Stephanie said...

He's beautiful! Kalisa...you'r supposed to look a little flustered after delivery! You are a super mom! So glad Derek didn't go to the Philipines with Jason!