Friday, August 22, 2008

Moving to Boise Idaho

The main reason for our trip to Utah was so that Kalisa and I would have the opportunity to go and check out Boise. I had an interview in Boise with one group three weeks ago and one with another group last week. I immediately fell in love with the city. I'd never been there but loved the small town feel in the big city. I loved my visit so now it was time to get Kalisa hooked on the idea of us living in Boise. Kalisa enjoyed Boise as much as I did. The anesthesia practices were both awesome too. So I signed on with a group that covers the trauma center in Boise and a smaller hospital in Caldwell. It just feels right! So we're moving to Idaho. Kalisa and I had the conversation the other day of how I feel like we end up living in all these places I never saw us living (ie. Russia, Salt Lake City, Buffalo and next Boise). We are so excited to relocate closer to family. The road trip home is under four hours after stopping to eat, feeding Daxton and fueling up. We couldn't be more excited and feel very blessed for this great opportunity; however we will miss all the great friends we've made during our time spent in good ole Buffalo.

12 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations! Buffalo will be sad to see you go!

n8, Shannon, Allie, Janessa & Tommy said...

Yay! I am so happy you guys are moving closer! You will have to come and visit when you are staying in Tremonton for a couple of months!

Tiffany Joy said...

Hey Ed and kalisa--your family is so cute! I just had to tell you that my brother is a nurse anesthetist (is that what you are?) in Boise. He likes it a lot! So good luck.. it was good to see you at the fair Ed.

Landen and Heather said...

Hi this is Heather Wood (Landen's wife) we saw you guys at the fair and I just wanted to tell you that your kids are adorable! You have got such a cute family. Congrats and Good Luck with the new job!

The Birds said...

Congrats!!! We're so excited for you guys! I'm sure you'll love being out of school and into the "real world"! Didn't even know you were in Utah, but we were at the fair over the weekend too, so sad we missed you. Good luck with the move!
~Chandi

Tiffany Joy said...

Yeah Ed my brother is Paul Mansfield. He loves Boise and loves his job. The only thing I hate about it (like it's even my job:) is you have to plan your vacations like a whole year in advance because there are so many other CRNA's to schedule with. So when we do family get togethers, sometimes he can make it, sometimes he can't. But hey.. it's better living in Boise where you can drive home in 5 hours than living backeast, right?? He lives in a way nice place called Meridian. Have you guys found a place to live yet?

Kelsey said...

Yay! Can't wait to have you guys closer!

Bri or Aaron said...

How fun but sounds cold!

Rieck Family said...

Hey kalisa! That's exciting. When do you guys move? Kind of funny thing...Joe is waiting to hear about a job, which it probably will be a little while before we know for sure. but it's a 2-3 year job and guess where it is??? Yep...BOISE!!! If we get it, we will move there until its finished! Crazy!

Malizia's said...

Congrats.. I am really happy for you guys. Good luck with the move!

Paul said...

Hello, I happened across your site and noticed that you're moving to Boise! I am a Realtor in Idaho Falls and have a terrific friend that just moved to Boise who is a Realtor as well over there. I just thought I'd drop you a line and let you know I'd be glad to put you in touch with him! He's one of the most honest and integrity filled guys I know and he's been in the business for a long time. I've never seen someone that could find a deal like he can either... Anyway, feel free to contact me anytime and I'd be glad to get you in touch with him! Good luck on the move!

Warm Regards...

brentandkashann said...

First of all, I am really sad to see you guys go. You are the first of the batch that came the fall of 06 so it seems like time is really passing way too quickly.
I love Boise. It's climate is a lot like where we are from Tri-cities, has tons of mormons, a temple, and close to Utah. Brent's sister moved there a couple years ago and they love it. I think they are also in Meridian. We go threw there everytime we travel to Utah. So I hope we can see you guys again on one of our trips. That is if we move back to WA. Good Job Ed!